Content Marketing Keys to write articles that bring you clients
I think that more than once you’ve asked and I know you’re looking for an answer to that question, so I’m telling you from the beginning.
- Yes, content marketing helps appear on Google and be more visible
- Yes, writing articles on your blog will help you get sales.
- So far, everything seems simple. The bad news is that it has nothing in simple.
There are hundreds (or thousands) of companies and / or bloggers who today have a blog on their website and continuously (and almost compulsively) write and write content, one after the other.
Does that mean that these contents are working? … Well, the answer is not always.
If we take into account that in Google only 10 results appear per page and that as we already know, if you do not appear on that first page you do not exist, the conclusion is clear. And again I leave it here very clear.
As much as you want and you can write articles in your blog, if you do not get to position them in the top positions of Google … DO NOT SERVE FOR ANYTHING.
The main problem that companies and bloggers have today when it comes to writing articles on our websites or blogs is the competition. Neither we are the only ones nor the best creating content and only 10 achieve success.
This means that the design of a good positioning strategy, based on the keywords, is the most critical and important aspect when creating content.
It does not help to write articles for your blog, if they are not optimized for positioning.
At the end of the results metrics are the basis to decide if what we do is being productive or not.
Is it profitable to write articles in this way? … let’s see:
- Analyze what are the most viewed contents
- Analyze what keywords you are getting to position and on what page with your content strategy
- Analyze the traffic that each of those keywords is contributing
- Work on a global vision of your entire content marketing strategy, and analyze if it really brings you results: visits, leads, customers.
And now? … Do you already know if your content marketing is effective?
Well do not hesitate and keep reading, I’ll leave you in this post the main keys to write articles that bring you customers. Tested, tested and with real examples.
Writing quality articles for your blog, website or online store is one of the best digital marketing actions you can do, because it will allow you to increase traffic, get more visits and influence the purchase decision of your users.
Contents of the post
What is content marketing and why is it so important for your company?
8 advantages of content marketing for your internet business
- – Content marketing helps increase traffic to your website
- – Content marketing helps improve your web positioning
- – A good content strategy will give more visibility to your website
- – Writing quality articles will give you reliability and brand image
- – Content marketing is “eternal"
- – Content marketing is not intrusive
- – Writing user-oriented articles will help you get new customers
- – Writing articles on the blog is cheaper than other digital marketing actions
How to write articles that bring me clients?
- Determine your market niche and target
- Determine realistic goals for your content strategy
- The methodology of Inbound Marketing
- Integrate your content with the rest of digital marketing actions
- Make effective content planning
- Real success story of content strategy oriented to the sale
- Learn the methodology to write quality articles
What is content marketing and why is it so important for your company?
We could give a definition of content marketing as a consistent technique to write articles on your blog (unique, original and quality) on a regular and continuous basis, focused on your target audience and offer solutions to their needs, problems, interests, etc.
Obviously, this definition of content marketing implies, as is natural, certain aspects that, although not mentioned, are fundamental:
- Content marketing has to be oriented to offer solutions, you can not write commercial articles and expect them to read them one after the other.
- Content marketing involves medium-term planning, in which you determine which contents you are going to work on and which keywords you want to position.
- Writing articles on your blog implies that there must be a dissemination strategy on social networks to move those contents, otherwise, however well written they may be, nobody will see them.
- Finally, to insist that writing quality articles is a matter of professionals, not amateurs or the administrative of your company to which you say you are going to have to do them. If this is your approach, sorry to tell you since it will not work.
Seen what is content marketing? So, let’s move forward to see why and how to write articles that bring you customers.
8 advantages of content marketing for your internet business
I can not begin to tell you how to write articles that bring you clients if before you do not have very clear the advantages of content marketing for your company.
Advantages that speak of appearing in Google with your content, of generating more relevance for your brand, of getting clients … Never before was it so important to write quality articles in your blog.
And yet, it is one of the aspects that Google ponders most for its positioning algorithm.
1.- Content marketing helps increase traffic to your website
Being 100% oriented to meet customer needs, this digital marketing strategy consisting of writing articles continuously on your blog, will allow you to increase web traffic.
How? … Very easy. If in your content strategy you provide solutions to user problems, you teach them how to do or how something works, in a very short time you will have very loyal followers.
Why? … Because you are teaching them to do what they need. As simple as that. Your confidence in your brand increases progressively.
2.- Content marketing helps improve your web positioning
When you go to write articles in your blog, do not forget that positioning is everything. You must pre-search which keywords are important for that content and work them intensively on your articles individually and in your content marketing globally.
In this way, the more visits you have in your content, the easier it will be to improve your web positioning, as more keywords are placing in the top positions of Google.
3.- A good content strategy will give more visibility to your website
If your digital marketing strategy is well designed and you have the blog inside your website, the thing is clear. The more visits and links you get through your content strategy and the blog, the greater the authority and visibility of your website.
It is true that there will come a time when it will be difficult to continue growing only with content, but surely then you have already gotten more customers and you can bet on new digital marketing actions.
4.- Writing quality articles will give you reliability and brand image
As we said before, if you are helping people do X thanks to your content, rest assured that their level of loyalty will increase.
This way you will be getting readers in your blog so in this case your digital marketing strategy should follow its course.
Since they are loyal, the next step is to learn how to get subscribers to your blog on which later (in a subtle but persuasive way) work relational sales actions.
5.- Content marketing is “eternal"
Perhaps one of the biggest advantages of content marketing. The biggest meaning of the word “quality" for your company when writing articles is to see that Google indexes these contents and that the time that passes will be there, well positioned.
The content is “eternal" because it stays in Google forever, if it is good, users will be able to consume it again and again and again.
6.- Content marketing is not intrusive
Unlike any digital marketing action, which appears in the form of Banner, advertising or other, the contents never suddenly appear unexpectedly.
In fact, they only appear on Google as a result of a search when you search for it, so they are not perceived as intrusive.
Therefore, the content is the clear commitment of digital marketing as a starting point for the strategy of achieving customers.
7.- Writing user-oriented articles will help you get new customers
You have to be clear about what customer orientation is in a blog. “You do not sell content, you cover a need for user information".
Under this premise, when writing articles for your blog, consider what the user needs and what solution you think you can provide with your content marketing.
8.- Writing articles on the blog is cheaper than other digital marketing actions
Content marketing is one of the most economical digital marketing actions you can perform. Although you will need professionals to write you these articles, its cost is very low and its profitability can be very high.
How to write articles that bring me clients?
There are many actions that you have to take into account before you start writing articles on the blog. And each and every one of them will directly affect the perception of your readers and their subsequent behavior: subscribe, get loyal, buy …
Determine your market niche and target
The success of your content marketing will be determined by the market niche you are targeting. First, you will have to determine perfectly who your target audience is, but also the size of your market, your real needs and the level of competition.
This last point is vital. If you enter sectors such as fashion or tourism, the blog will help but I assure you that just writing articles for your blog you will not get on the first page. With so much competition, you will need investment, yes or yes.
Determine realistic goals for your content strategy
Determine what are the real objectives you want to achieve with your content marketing strategy:
- Increase visits (how many in how much time)
- Increase keywords positioned (how many in how much time)
- Support product launches or specific actions
- Get subscribers to your blog
- Sell products through the contents etc.
The methodology of Inbound Marketing
Writing quality articles requires a careful work methodology, but also a global vision of the strategy.
And in this case, Inbound Marketing is the best strategy you can apply, as part of the content as the basis of everything and from there the Sales Funnel works from a very appropriate perspective.
4 phases of Inbound Marketing:
- Attraction of visits: through content, SEO and social networks, the company will be able to appear on Google for user searches. When writing articles for the blog, think about attracting interested users, that is, qualified public.
- Achievement of Leads. From the work with infoproducts or Lead Magnet, you manage to retain the visitors and also get their contact data.
- Lead Nurturing In this phase, you will influence the purchase decisions of your Leads (from content marketing or other actions), providing value and generating a constant interaction
- Close or client. In this phase, you propose the exclusive final offer for your Lead with the idea of converting it into a customer.
Integrate your content with the rest of digital marketing actions
Writing articles on the blog and leaving them there is useless. You have to give them out through social networks, mailing and other channels.
In this sense, Social SEO is a strategy that can serve you greatly to achieve success as it works on content, positioning, social networks and mail marketing.
Make effective content planning
It is very important for content marketing to have a prior planning of what you are going to write. If you start writing articles every week without planning, I assure you that the day to day will be with you and you will not have time or desire.
Real success story of content strategy oriented to the sale
I want to take this opportunity to tell you an example of how content marketing has helped one of our customers to get more traffic and new customers.
This client is from the medical sector and one of the areas that works the most is Plantar Fasciitis, a condition that is too common in people.
The first step was to determine the keywords for this specific area to work, because one of the actions to be carried out was to write articles of relevance in the blog, useful for your audience:
- plantar fasciitis,
- pain in the arch of the foot,
- pain in the sole of the foot,
- acute plantar fasciitis,
- chronic plantar fasciitis,
- injuries to the sole of the foot …
With many searches and hundreds of related keywords, it was easy to identify the most interesting ones, as well as the most interesting ones for the blog.
The second step was to do a small content planning where SEO was very present from the title itself, which gave it more notoriety.
“How to relieve plantar fasciitis. Exercises, treatment and actions for improvement "
“Causes of plantar fasciitis? Why do I have so much pain in my foot when walking?
“How to recover from a plantar fasciitis? Keys to losing the fear of walking
“Home remedies to cure plantar fasciitis"
This is just an example, but with good planning and clear guidance to the user, this type of content greatly increased traffic to the web, while the volume of calls and new queries increased significantly.
In all the post a banner would appear with the complete data of the specialist doctor and a form to request an appointment. In the end, writing articles on this specific topic became the best weapon to get clients.
Learn the methodology to write quality articles
Well, to finish this article, I do not want to miss the opportunity to teach you our proven methodology to write quality articles that help you appear on Google.
You can find it detailed in other post, but here is a summary:
Identify the topic on which you are going to write and look for the most important keywords in this regard.
As we have already said, writing articles without taking into account SEO does not help.
Create a first title in this case, make a first draft of your article, you will have time later to make a final title adapted to your content marketing strategy
Search on Google. Take the title you’ve thought of and put it on Google.
You have to see what your competition has set and what it is talking about.
To write successful articles you must talk about topics that really interest your audience and your competence.
It is already doing so.
It designs a structure for the content.
Depending on the extension of your content, you must include titles, subtitles and different sections that allow you to “layout" the content in a simpler way.
Create a definitive title. You are going to start writing your article so you need a final title, optimized for SEO and with a hook for the user.
Start typing. Writing articles from scratch is complicated, but now you have the structure designed and you know what you are going to talk about.
Hands to work! Follow all these instructions and I assure you that writing successful articles for your blog will no longer have secrets.
You only have to start … and if you need any help, do not hesitate to contact us..
Content writing strategy and positioning
Getting a good search engine positioning is always a fundamental step before selling online. And of course, before selling, you have to know how to communicate effectively.
So, if you still do not know, I’ll tell you that a good content marketing strategy will greatly help you to be more visible, to generate more credibility and brand image of your company and to reach your potential client directly.
So easy and so complicated. Of course, before achieving success you will have to get to position your blog and your website, and thus demonstrate to your followers or users, that your content is of quality and provide a differential value.
If you get this, I guarantee that you will start having very faithful sales and followers that will recommend you anytime, anywhere.
Every day more in the online environment, a good content marketing strategy will allow you to reach your Buyer Persona in a closer, more effective and convincing way, influencing your purchase decision and “bringing it closer" to an upcoming purchase.
And let’s not forget that creating a blog is a very good option if we are thinking of establishing a solid communication base on which to keep all our online marketing and generate business in an acceptable way on the Internet.
66% of the companies that publish an article a week, get to position their blog and generate more sales over the internet
Contents of the post
Why is it important to create a blog on my website?
And why use content marketing to position my website?
How to position my blog and improve my content marketing strategy?
- Use a good platform for your blog and content: WordPress
- Use a nice and attractive template
- The WordPress plugins will help you position your blog
- Attentive to the loading speed of your web
- Use a Responsive template or you will be penalized
- Identify your target audience or Buyer Person
- What is the objective of doing content marketing?
- Determine topics of interest for your content
- What resources do you have for your content marketing strategy?
- Establish a suitable tone and style of writing for your content
- Define the type of content to work on the blog
- Identify the best keywords for your content
- Use professional tools if you want to position your blog
- Analyze the keywords of your competition
- Analyze the difficulty of your keywords
- Write about current and interesting topics for your Buyer Person
- Create titles with the hook for your content
- The first paragraph, the most important to position a blog
- Use friendly and short URLs, which include keywords
- Do a good internal structuring of your contents
- Do not forget the multimedia content
- Optimize the SEO of images and videos
- Work the semantic and variable niches, not just repeat keywords
- Eye on the density of keywords or you will not be able to position your blog
- Make a coherent speech from beginning to end
- Incorporates internal and external links in your content
- Create good Snippets to improve SEO and your CTR
- Keep a firm commitment to quality and not just the amount
- Share them in social networks
- Used in mail marketing
- The measure, analyze and re-measure
Why is it important to create a blog on my website?
- The blog is a fundamental element for many reasons, but mainly because it manages to “please" Google and reach users directly.
- Content Google, because if we follow its recommendations to position a blog, we will improve our positioning in search engines and so the visibility part will be overcome.
- Reach directly to users, through valuable content that convinces your potential customers that you know what you are doing, that you are good and that you can also help them with your products or services.
There are many advantages to creating a blog and working on a content strategy, but here are the 3 main ones:
- It will help you increase traffic to your website
- It will help you improve the search engine positioning of your entire website
- It will help you improve the brand image of your company, as well as the credibility and authority of your products or services.
And why use content marketing to position my website?
If we take into account that web positioning or search engine positioning is global, we can quickly understand that if you can position your blog and your content in the top positions of the search engines, all the positioning of the web will also rise.
This is why many Online Marketing Agencies work on content marketing as the basis of our clients’ digital marketing strategy.
If we can position a blog of our client, all the positioning of your website will go up and with it its visibility in Google and its possibilities to sell on the internet successfully.
And in addition, in parallel, it will also increase its relevance and influence in social networks (if these are associated with the strategy), the number of subscribers to email marketing and in summary all the metrics of their digital strategy.
And this, translated into numbers, means MORE SALES.
Already convinced of why create a blog and work an effective content marketing strategy?
Well, if you want to know how to do all this I’m telling you, get ready because I’m going to list 30 tricks to position a blog using a content strategy.
How to position my blog and improve my content marketing strategy?
# 1 .- Use a good platform for your blog and content: WordPress
There are many platforms today that allow a blog to support perfectly. Now, my explicit recommendation is that you work on a WordPress, yes or yes, both for simplicity, and for integration with any type of system or online store.
WordPress is the most widely used platform worldwide, so there are thousands of very functional plugins and Apps that you can work with and integrate into WordPress with maximum ease.
If you want success in your content strategy, this platform will help you greatly, you can take it for granted.
# 2 .- Use a nice and attractive template
Design and visual perception is critical to attract visitors and interested users. This is why it is important that you choose a template that is simple but effective, visually pleasing and that allows you maximum flexibility:
- Text to good size, suitable formats
- That allows to integrate the navigation menu of the web in the same blog
- To properly manage the images and videos
- That allows you to create Widgets, include plugins and images on the side without problems
- That is optimized to SEO, otherwise you will not be able to position your blog easily
- Make it fast, agile and simple
# 3.- The WordPress plugins will help you position your blog
There are thousands of plugins but we each have our favorites. So today I’m going to leave you my 5 essential WordPress plugins for your content marketing strategy.
- All in one SEO Pack. Fundamental to position a blog and adapt all content to Google’s SEO recommendations.
- Sumome. Spectacular wordpress plugin to share and link your content with social networks, but also to get subscribers to your blog, something fundamental in any content strategy.
- Tweet Old Post. Ideal for re automatically broadcast on old post Twitter.
- XML Sitemap. Fundamental to position a blog, periodically send a SiteMap to Google with the updates of your website to index them.
- WordPress Related Post. It adds below each article, related posts so that your users can increase their interest and time on your site.
# 4 .- Attentive to the loading speed of your web
The speed of loading a website is an increasingly important aspect for Google, so you’ll have to get your pages to load in less than 3 seconds.
If not, you may end up with a Google penalty, even if I have ever seen one. Thus, not only takes care of the size of the images but also the hosting where you have hosted the web.
If your website or blog is slow, goodbye to position your blog.
# 5.- Use a Responsive template or you will be penalized
Same as the previous point, a Responsive web design is something obvious for everyone, although I still find myself with websites that are not.
Keep in mind that more than half of searches are made from mobile devices so if your goal is to create a content marketing strategy, improve your search engine positioning and position your blog, or your web / blog is not Responsive, say goodbye to Google.
The “marketers" and companies that do content marketing have 13 times more chances of generating a positive ROI on the internet
# 6.- Identify your target audience or Buyer Person
In any online marketing strategy, the first thing is always to define who your target audience is, your Buyer Persona.
In a content strategy you will have to do the same, to know who you are going to define later the most appropriate topics, the tone of your content and the subsequent actions to be achieved.
# 7.- What is the objective of doing content marketing?
Why do you want to have a blog? … Only to position your website, or is it really because you want to add value and improve communication? ..
Do not kid yourself, creating content will cost your company, either in your time or your employees’ time, or economic if you subcontract it.
Therefore, you have to be clear about the online marketing strategy to follow, and control the results that your posts give you periodically. If not, you will not be able to position your blog or your website.
# 8.- Determine topics of interest for your content
Do you know what your Buyer Person is interested in? … Your content must always adapt to the needs of your users, sell what you sell.
So in the beginning you’ll have to trust a bit of your intuition and a lot of objective data segmentation. But in the medium term, you will have to measure (Google Analytics through), which post are the most accepted. Only in this way can you grow your content marketing strategy.
# 9.- What resources do you have for your content marketing strategy?
Whether human or financial resources, you must have it clear, and reserve a budget item for that purpose.
If you are a personal of your company, you will have to teach them the bases of positioning in search engines so that they can write quality articles adapted to SEO.
If it’s an external or freelance company, make sure you really know how to write for Google. If not, you will never be able to improve your search engine positioning.
# 10.- Establish a suitable tone and style of writing for your content
It will not be the same tone if you are a Law Firm, an Online Marketing Agency, that an English academy (for example).
Nor will the online marketing channel be the same for which you subsequently disseminate your content. In your content strategy, you have to be clear about how your user is going to arrive, and this is a fundamental issue that will define the online marketing actions that you work on.
# 11.- Define the type of content to work on blog
By default, when working on a content marketing strategy, we always think of a text format. But it is not always the best, or the most recommended.
There are many types of content, which is very important to combine with the text, because although it is true that this is what will allow you to position your blog and improve your search engine positioning, there are many others that will help you increase your engagement with the user.
- Videos and video marketing
- Slide share presentations
- Whitepaper etc..
# 12.- Identify the best keywords for your content
Keywords are the basis of search engine positioning. Its proper use will allow you to position your blog and appear in Google in the first search positions.
Always work with variables or Long Tail keywords, because they are much easier to position than a generic one and will give you a better result.
Where do you have to put the keywords in your content?
- In the title of the page (Title)
- In the content title (H1)
- In the header tags or titles of your post (H1 … H6)
- Spread throughout the post, respecting the density of keywords
- In the Anchor Text of your internal links
- In the images and videos
- In the description of the page, or Snippet of Google search
# 13.- Use professional tools if you want to position your blog
In the positioning in search engines there are no half measures. A keyword is or is not, so it is necessary to work with professional tools. By default, free tools will not offer you professional results.
The three main ones that I use to find the best keywords are:
- Google Keyword Planner or Keyword Planner. Free and until recently very good. However, now Google is layering it and it only offers search ranges, although to begin with it can come in handy.
- SEMRush. Professional SEO tool for experience, payment but I assure you that you will make it profitable immediately. If you want to position a blog and improve your content marketing strategy, with an SEO tool of this type you will get it
- Answer The Public. A very recent and free SEO tool, but one that offers great value. Once you enter the keyword you want to work on, the tool shows you the most frequent searches that users make about that word.
# 14.- Analyze the keywords of your competition
Analyzing your competition is something that you will also have to do frequently in your content marketing strategy, for two specific reasons:
When you do not know what to write about, analyzing your competition will allow you to see what they are writing about and thus find new topics for your posts.
When you are looking for new keywords to position your blog. In this case, the SEO tool, SEMRush that I mentioned before, allows you to analyze your competition and see what keywords are working.
In addition, it will let you know if a keyword with which you thought to work, is good or not to position your blog, both for the volume of search and competition you have and the difficulty of the keyword.
# 15.- Analyze the difficulty of your keywords
Before we said that to position a blog, you need to know what are the best words to include in your content, so you will have to look for those that have high demand and little competition (ideal but difficult to achieve).
However, it is possible that you can find keywords that offer apparently good results and then present important problems to position your content on the first page of Google.
# 16.- Write about current and interesting topics for your Buyer Person
Make sure to combine these two points in your content strategy, to get a good search engine positioning quickly:
To position a blog, writing about current and recent topics is always a very good idea, because Google rewards the news in the contents.
Always oriented to your audience. Even when you write about current issues, in your posts always keep in mind that you have to interest your Buyer Persona, since it is he who will finally buy or hire you.
# 17.- Create titles with hook for your content
One of the most important points in any content marketing strategy is undoubtedly the title. Just think that if it has a hook, users will read it, otherwise they will let it go.
Work on the following concepts in the titles of your content if you want to position your blog:
- Always include the main keyword at least in your titles
- Create titles with hook, suggestive, that solve a need of your users
- Create a sense of urgency in the titles
- Center the subject on which you will speak later, ambiguity is useless
# 18.- The first paragraph, the most important to position a blog
As I said before, the first paragraph is fundamental. While many use it only as an introduction, the truth is that it is the paragraph that has the most strength.
Think that almost always reading this first paragraph users decide whether the rest will interest us or not. If you can not keep reading, say goodbye to generate traffic and consequently position your blog.
Always include the main keyword in this first paragraph and include an internal link with a relevant Anchor Text.
# 19.- Use friendly and short URLs, which include keywords
In URLs is where the weight of positioning always falls, so it is important that they are friendly. The shorter the better, both for the user and for Google.
On many platforms you can choose the URL, make sure it includes as many keywords as possible, because it is the first thing that Google looks at when scanning a website.
# 20.- Do a good internal structuring of your contents
Your content marketing strategy must be preceded by your quality brand. And this is achieved by designing a simple, direct and efficient structure.
Always work an index that allows you to simplify the reading of your users so they can go to specific points. Use the header tags to highlight these titles and give them their own format to differentiate and highlight the hierarchy of your posts.
In this case I recommend the WordPress Plugin “Table of Contents Plus", which will allow you to automatically design an index like the one you can see in the initial part of this post.
Remember, if you make it easy for your readers, you will be generating confidence, improving your content strategy globally and also, getting your blog position day by day.
# 21.-Do not forget the multimedia content
Multimedia content plays a very important role in any content strategy, because it generates a much greater engagement with the user.
Include videos that are previously hosted on YouTube or infographics to clarify and structure your content, will allow you to position your blog and improve search engine positioning quickly.
# 22.-Optimize the SEO of images and videos
It may seem unimportant, but since Google is looking for constant quality, to position a blog you will also have to position images and videos:
Put a title and a suitable ALT always in your images, because you can also find them from them in Google
Work on tags, titles and descriptions when uploading a video to YouTube, it is very important to work on SEO for videos in your content strategy.
# 23.- Work the semantic and variable niches, not just repeat keywords
Search engine positioning has changed a lot in recent years. While some time ago you had to “saturate" a keyword text, now Google understands the semantic niches.
That is, you do not need to work on the same keyword, but you can work on synonyms and variables naturally and Google will know what you are trying to position.
For example, in this post, the words “how to position a blog", “position blog", “how to position my blog", “position a blog", “position your blog", “content marketing", “marketing strategy" of contents “, etc … have a similar semantic base, so getting a good positioning will be much easier.
# 24.- Eye on the density of keywords or you will not be able to position your blog
In this sense, even if you work with semantic keywords or long Tail variables, you have to bear in mind that Google establishes a limitation when repeating the same keyword with which to position your blog. It’s a rule called Keyword Density.
Never repeat the same keyword or expression more than 2% of the total number of words in your content.
# 25.- Make a coherent speech from beginning to end
Pulp Fiction is an excellent movie, but start your post at the beginning, move to the end, back again and dizzy to the user is not something that will benefit you.
A content marketing strategy should shine for the quality of the post and for that you must make a coherent, well structured and spun speech from beginning to end, focused on providing / teaching something to the user and that includes keywords, such and as we mentioned.
Easy is not, I assure you. As I always tell my students, at the beginning it will cost you a lot, but as soon as you take the trick, positioning a blog will be more than simple for you.
# 26.- Incorporates internal and external links in your content
It’s a good idea, and also very much like Google, that you can add links throughout your content. Thus:
With internal links, you can increase the average time of stay of users on your website, which is an important metric for SEO that will help you position your blog.
By placing external links, you will complement your information with that of other authors, which can also be used as a very interesting link capture strategy.
# 27.- Create good Snippets to improve SEO and your CTR
Your content strategy does not end once you have written the post. The most important thing is how the user will see them in a Google search.
The search snippet each “box" of information that Google offers on its results page when a user does a search (10 per page), and consists of three aspects:
- Title. In blue, it is the title you have put on your page (title tag).
- URL, in green
- Description, in black, describes what the user will find when he enters your post.
Snippet plays a fundamental role in search engine positioning and, therefore, in how people find you and in the ease of positioning your blog.
# 28.- Keep a firm commitment to quality and not just the amount
It is much better to write few articles, of perhaps a higher extension and with a more detailed and quality content, than to start writing short contents many times a week.
A content marketing strategy must be well planned and coordinated, both at the level of topics and in the number of articles and forecasts of results.
Remember, quality is much better than quantity
# 29.- Share them in social networks
It will not do you any good to create a fantastic post if people can not read it. The expression “Content Marketing Strategy" refers to the entire process of creating them, but also to dissemination and virality.
And it is here where social networks play a fundamental role, because they allow to generate a diffusion of your post so big that positioning your blog will be “easy". Of course, be sure to work those social networks where your audience is and to send them your post with naturalness and subtlety.
# 30.- Used in mail marketing
Since you are working on a content strategy that is allowing you to get traffic to your blog, it would be a good idea to use a plugin to get subscribers to send later all your posts.
Email marketing is one of the best strategies of online marketing nowadays if it is well done, so you will not only be able to position your blog, but you may even increase your sales volume and / or hires of your services.
# 31.- Measure, analyze and re-measure
You can not make decisions about what you can not measure. So what determines which metrics are the most important for your content marketing strategy and choose those tools that will provide them.
You must work metrics related to SEO, with visits and their behavior on your website, with the diffusion on social networks, with the results of your email marketing…
As you can see, working on a content strategy is to work online strategy in a global way, but with coherence and naturalness. And surely you’ve been able to see that without a doubt, it can help you position a blog very quickly.